Thank you for your interest in applying.
- Granville Island Busking Program
- Year long (May – April)
- 2 licences
- All Access – acoustic busking indoors and amplified at outdoor locations
- An Acoustic – acoustic busking only; indoors and at a select number of outdoor locations
- Applications are normally only accepted twice a year
- Due to COVID-19 busker applications for the remainder of the busker year will be considered on a case by case basis. There isn’t a set deadline.
- SEGI *Due to COVID-19 SEGI did not happen this year
- Summer weekends only
- Experienced performers only
- Applications are once a year
- Please check back with regards to any future SEGI plans
You may also view the 2020-2021 Granville Island Busking Program Regulations (PDF 12MB).
The Granville Island Busking Program is committed to equity and inclusion. There is active consideration by the busker selection panel of all groups, including, but not exclusive of gender, Indigenous peoples, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
*If invited to audition (for the Granville Island Busking Program), renew (returning buskers) or register (SEGI & Granville Island Busking Program), applicants must respond to the invite within 7 days. Failure to do so will void the invite and the applicant will need to wait until the next round to re-apply. With this in mind, it is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure emails from firstname.lastname@example.org arrive safely in their inbox.
*Applicants who have not been successful are welcome to apply again in the next busking year.