Thank you for your interest in applying. There are two opportunities as listed below. Further detail on both can be accessed via the relevant tabs above under ‘Apply”.
- Granville Island Busking Program
- Year long (May – April)
- 2 licences
- All Access – acoustic busking indoors and amplified at outdoor locations
- An Acoustic – acoustic busking only; indoors and at a select number of outdoor locations
- Applications will only be accepted twice a year
- The 2020 2021 online application is currently open and will close Sunday March 8
- Summer weekends only
- Experienced performers only
- Applications will only be once a year
- The 2020 online application is currently open and will close Friday, February 21
You may also view the 2020-2021 Granville Island Busking Program Regulations (PDF 12MB).
The Granville Island Busking Program is committed to equity and inclusion. There is active consideration by the busker selection panel of all groups, including, but not exclusive of gender, Indigenous peoples, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
*If invited to audition (for the Granville Island Busking Program), renew (returning buskers) or register (SEGI & Granville Island Busking Program), applicants must respond to the invite within 7 days. Failure to do so will void the invite and the applicant will need to wait until the next round to re-apply. With this in mind, it is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure emails from firstname.lastname@example.org arrive safely in their inbox.